We want to ensure you that your child’s health, wellness, and safety is my number one priority. We will be doing all that we can to ensure your child is in the safest environment possible.
With that being said, here are the actions that are being taken to ensure your child’s safety:
- Before your child enters their classroom their temperature will be taken with an infrared no touch digital thermometer. Any child with a temperature of 100F or higher will not be allowed to attend Summit Kids that day, for the safety of their classmates, volunteers, and others.
- After your child’s temperature has been taken, and they are not running a fever, a leader will check your child in at the door, to ensure a contactless check-in.
- Once your child has had their temperature taken and have been checked in, they may enter the classroom. Parents will not be allowed to go beyond the door of the classroom.
Inside the Classroom:
- Snack will be given out individually packaged.
- All toys and supplies have been sanitized to ensure your child’s safety.
- Chairs are set up normally, but the kids are encouraged to space out to promote social distancing.
- Though masks are not required, we encourage parents to prepare their kids by informing them on social distancing, basic hygiene, and why people choose to wear masks, should one of their classmates or teachers be wearing a mask.
In Between Services:
- Each classroom will be thoroughly sanitized by our sanitation team, in the same way they sanitize the sanctuary.
- In light of the cleaning and sanitizing that will take place in between services, we ask that your child be picked up promptly after service has ended, to ensure that the classroom is completely cleared out so the sanitation team has all the time they need to sanitize the facility.
- Even if your child will be staying for both services, please pick your child up in between services, and keep them with you until the sanitation team has finished cleaning.
Please know we are doing all we can to make sure that your child can experience church in a safe and healthy environment, protecting their health. With that in mind, please help us keep all of our Summit Kids safe by adhering to the following guidelines, and do not bring your child to service if you child is experiencing any of the following-
Sick Kids Policy:
- A fever of 100F or higher.
- A harsh cough or large amounts of yellow or green nasal discharge.
- Lethargic behavior (parents usually know when the child isn’t feeling well).
- Diarrhea or loose stools currently or within the last 24 hours.
- Vomiting currently or within the last 24 hours.
- A stomach ache of any kind.
- Head lice, pin worms, pinkeye, ringworm, impetigo, etc.
- An unidentified rash, any open sores or weeping wounds.
- Any symptom that they usually stay home from school with.
If your child is experiencing any symptoms that would make you uncomfortable sending your child into a classroom where another child was experiencing those same symptoms, do not bring your child.
This policy will be strictly enforced. If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms upon arrival you will be asked to pick them up immediately. All staff and volunteers will be following these guidelines as well to ensure your child’s health and safety.
Your child is welcome to wear a mask to service, though this will not be required or enforced, Additionally, if you would prefer your child sit away from other students we will do everything we can to make that possible.
If you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to email Pastor Hannah at email@example.com.